Bid No. and Title: 6(T)/DPTSC(PTP)/2020-2021
Design, Supply, and Installation of 230kV Waing Maw – Nabar Transmission Line (140) miles, 132 kV Wa Shawng – Waing Maw (11) miles and 230/132kV (2x125) MVA Waing Maw Substation Extension (Kyat)
Deadline for Submission of Bids: 12 November, 2020, 13:00 hours (local time)
- The Department of Power Transmission and System Control (DPTSC) has allocated the financing towards the cost of the project. DPTSC intends to apply a portion of the funds to eligible payments under the Contract for which the Bidding is issued.
- The Department of Power Transmission and System Control (DPTSC) (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the “Design, Supply, and Installation of 230kV Waing Maw - Nabar Transmission Line (140) miles, 132 kV Wa Shawng - Waing Maw (11) miles and 230/132kV (2x125) MVA Waing Maw Substation Extension (“the Facilities”)”. The Facilities are all located in Kachin State and Sagaing region.
- International Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with Single - Stage: Two-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document.
- Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
- Participation in at least two (2) contracts as main contractor that have been successfully completed within the last ten (10) years, and that are transmission line and substation contracts, where the value of the Bidder’s participation exceeds US$ 72.0 million.
- For the above or other contracts executed, a minimum experience within the last ten (10) years in the following key activities:
- a) two projects on turnkey basic successfully in operation for 3 years, b) 220 kV or above transmission line (180) km route length, c) 220 kV or above AIS substation with the capacity of 100MVA or above, d) each project shall be in outside Bidder’s country for international Bidder. In case of Myanmar Bidder, both outside and within Myanmar are acceptable. The qualification criteria are more completely described in
the Bidding Document.
- To obtain further information bidders should contact the following from 9:30-16:30 hours (local time) except Saturdays, Sundays and holidays:
Department of Power Transmission and System Control (DPTSC)
Address: Material Planning Department (DPTSC), Building
No. 27, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
Telephone: 95 67 8104286, 95 67 3410282
Fax: 95 67 8104286, 95 67 3410282
- To purchase the bidding documents in English, eligible bidders shall pay a nonrefundable fee with 50,000 Myanmar Kyats.
- Bids must be submitted to the following address above on or before the deadline: 12 November, 2020 at 13:00 hours (local time) together with a Bid Security as described in the bidding documents.
- Electronic Submission is not allowed.
- Technical Bid will be opened in the presence of Bidder’s representatives, who choose to attend at the address above after 13:00 hr. (Local Time) on 12/11/2020.
- Any request for the extension of Bid submission deadline shall not be allowed.
Department of Power Transmission and System Control
Ministry of Electricity and Energy