MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE LIVESTOCK AND IRRIGATION
ADB Loan 3864-MYA, Grant 9203-MYA(JFPR), Grant 0678-MYA(ADF), and Grant 0679-MYA(AIF)
RESILIENT COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
Recruitment of Support Service Provider 2B, Chin State-Hakha Township
Package No. NCS2
- The Republic of the Union of Myanmar has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) in the form of a loan and grants, namely, Loan 3864-MYA, Grant 9203 -MYA(JFPR), Grant 0678-MYA(ADF), and Grant 0679-MYA(AIF) towards the cost of the Resilient Community Development Project (RCDP). The main outcome of the project is to improve standard of living and resilience of targeted communities through three outputs:
(i) development of climate and disaster resilient community infrastructure;
(ii) development of resilient livelihood activities for poor men and women; and (iii) strengthening of institutional and organizational capacity of communities and government. The project will adopt a proven Community-Based Development (CBD) approach to deliver community infrastructure and livelihood subprojects to 17 poor, vulnerable townships covering 791 village tracts and 2,942 villages with a population of about 1.8 million people.
- The Department of Rural Development (DRD), Implementing Agency, under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation (MOALI), invites Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for the services as a Support Service Provider 2B (SSP2B), Chin State-Hakha Township. The scope of services is to provide implementation support, and staffing at the township, village tract, and village level; capacity development of villagers in village tracts and villages. The SSP2B will only provide facilitators and community finance officers and will report to the Team Leader and experts of SSP2A and Chin State cluster’s DRD Township Office in Hakha. SSP2B will be based in the township and villages of Hakha Township as required by the project needs which will be determined by SSP2A Team Leader in consultation with the township cluster’s project implementation unit (PIU) in Hakha.
- The SSP2B will be engaged for a period of 4.5 years and shall be non-government organizations, firms, or joint ventures from the eligible countries of ADB-financed projects and should be nationals of an eligible country.
- A non-government organization, firm, or joint venture will be selected under Least Cost Selection (LCS) procedures using the proposal format Simplified Technical Proposal (STP) in accordance with the policies of the ADB detailed in ADB Procurement Policy: Goods, Works, Non consulting and Consulting Services, and Procurement Regulations for ADB Borrowers: Goods, Works, Non consulting and Consulting Services (2017, as amended from time to time), including the Guidance Note on Non consulting Services Administered by ADB Borrowers (2018, as amended from time to time) which can be found at:
- To obtain more detailed information (Terms of Reference (TORs) and Budget), applicants can contact below email addresses during office hours 09:30 a.m. to 4:30p.m. The completed EOI form and its supporting documents must be submitted through the ADB Consultant Management System (CMS) website not later than 3rd November 2020.
The URL for EOI submission is https://selfservice.adb.org/OA_HTML/adb/xxcrs/jsp/ADBCsrnFwd.jsp?sel=163491
Late submission of EOIs will not be accepted.
- The DRD under MOALI reserves the right to accept or reject any EOI, and to annul the selection process or reject EOIs at any time prior to contract award, with or without thereby incurring any liability to the affected applicants.
U Myo Naing Aung, Project Director
Resilient Community Development Project
Project Management Unit (PMU)
Building No. 36, Department of Rural Development,
Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation,
Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
Tel #+95-9-250257575, +95-9-43434333, +95-9-43016025,
by emails to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
1 Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the commencement and completion dates and other implementation arrangements for this assignment are to be considered as indicative only.
The final dates and implementation arrangements will be agreed with the first-ranked firm at contract negotiations taking into consideration the prevailing situation with COVID-19 at that time.