MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE LIVESTOCK AND IRRIGATION
ADB Loan 3864-MYA, Grant 9203-MYA(JFPR), Grant 0678-MYA(ADF), and Grant 0679-MYA(AIF)
RESILIENT COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
Recruitment of Support Service Provider 5, Thanintharyi Region
Package No. CS6
- The Republic of the Union of Myanmar has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) in the form of a loan and grants, namely, Loan 3864-MYA, Grant 9203-MYA(JFPR), Grant 0678-MYA(ADF), and Grant 0679-MYA(AIF) towards the cost of the Resilient Community Development Project (RCDP). The main outcome of the project is to improve standard of living and resilience of targeted communities through three outputs: (i) development of climate and disaster resilient community infrastructure;
(ii) development of resilient livelihood activities for poor men and women; and (iii) strengthening of institutional and organizational capacity of communities and government. The project will adopt a proven Community-Based Development (CBD) approach to deliver community infrastructure and livelihood subprojects to 17 poor, vulnerable townships covering 791 village tracts and 2,942 villages with a population of about 1.8 million people.
- The Department of Rural Development (DRD), Implementing Agency, under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation (MOALI), invites Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for the consulting services as a Support Service Provider 5 (SSP5), Thanintharyi Region. The scope of services is to provide project management, implementation support, and staffing at the township, village tract, and village level; guide and manage the facilitators and capacity development of the DRD project implementation units (PIUs) and villagers in village tracts and villages. The SSP5 will be based in the township cluster’s PIU, Dawei. Under this cluster, Launglon, Thayetchaung and Yebyu townships are included.
- The SSP5 will be engaged for a period of 4.5 years and will provide key experts and facilitators. The SSP5 shall be non-government organizations, firms, or joint ventures from the eligible countries of ADB-financed projects and should be nationals of an eligible country.
- A non-government organization, firm, or joint venture will be selected under Quality and Cost Based Selection procedures using a Full Technical Proposal (FTP) in accordance with the policies of the ADB detailed in the ADB Procurement Policy: Goods, Works, Non consulting and Consulting Services, and Procurement Regulations for ADB Borrowers: Goods, Works, Non consulting and Consulting Services (2017, as amended from time to time), including the Guidance Note on Consulting Services Administered by ADB Borrowers (2018, as amended from time to time) which can be found at:
- To obtain more detailed information (Terms of Reference (TORs) and Budget), consultants can contact below email addresses during office hours 09:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The completed EOI form and its supporting documents must be submitted through the ADB Consultant Management System (CMS) website not later than 3rd November 2020.
The URL for EOI submission is https://selfservice.adb.org/ OA_HTML/adb/xxcrs/jsp/ADBCsrnFwd.jsp?sel=162999
Late submission of EOIs will not be accepted.
- The DRD under MOALI reserves the right to accept or reject any EOI, and to annul the Selection of Consultants process or reject EOIs at any time prior to contract award, with or without thereby incurring any liability to the affected consultants.
- U Myo Naing Aung, Project Director
- Resilient Community Development Project
- Project Management Unit (PMU)
- Building No. 36, Department of Rural Development, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
- Tel #+95-9-250257575, +95-9-43434333, +95-9-43016025,
- by emails to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
1 Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the commencement and completion dates and other implementation arrangements for this assignment are to be considered as indicative only.
The final dates and implementation arrangements will be agreed with the first-ranked firm at contract negotiations taking into consideration the prevailing situation with COVID-19 at that time.