Department of Rural Development, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation Resilient Community Development Project
Invitation for Bids
Date; 5th October 2020
Loan/Grant No. and Title; LOAN 3864 MYA / Grants 0678-MYA(ADF) and 0679 –MYA(AIF), Resilient Community Development Project.
Contract No. and Title; DRD-G8- OCB National/2020 –
Lot 1- Motorcycles (low ground clearance) and safety equipment; 1063 numbers –
Lot 2 - Motorcycles (high ground clearance) and safety equipment; 400 numbers
Deadline for Submission of Bids; 3rd November 2020,1500 hours local time
- The Republic of the Union of Myanmar has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Resilient Community Development Project (RCDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this financing to payments under the contracts named above. Bidding is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the bid document.
- Bidders may bid for one or more Lots, as further defined in the Bidding Document. Bidders wishing to offer discounts in case they are awarded more than one contract will be allowed to do so provided those discounts are included in the Bid Submission Sheet.
- The Department of Rural Development (DRD), the Purchaser invites sealed bids from eligible bidders who are authorized dealers and service agents of the Motorcycles in Myanmar. Bidders should have sold at least 532 Motorcycles (to qualify for Lot 1) and 200 Motorcycles (to qualify for Lot 2) after 1 January 2019 and before 30 September 2020. The Bidder shall demonstrate that it has successfully completed at least two (2) contracts of similar goods in the past five (5) years and such contract had the value greater than 50% of the value of the Bid. The Bidder is required to submit with its bid, documentary evidence to demonstrate that after sales service for maintenance is already set up and available in Myanmar.
Bids are invited for the following Motorcycles;
(i) G8 - Lot 1- Motorcycles (low ground clearance) and safety equipment; 1063 numbers
(ii) G8 - Lot 2 - Motorcycles (high ground clearance) and safety equipment; 400 numbers
- Open competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: One-Envelope procedure and is open to all eligible bidders as described in the Bidding Document.
- To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents, bidders should contact through official request letter:
- Mr. U Myo Naing Aung,
- Deputy Director General, Project Director
- Project Management Unit, Resilient Community Development Project,
- Department of Rural Development (DRD), Office No. 36, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
- Phone; Telephone: +95-67-418632/418633
- Facsimile: +95-9-43434333, +95-9-43016025
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- To obtain the Bidding Documents in English, eligible bidders should;
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, (also copy email to email@example.com) requesting the Bidding Documents for G8 Motorcycles.
- Attach (as a PDF file) to the email a signed application for bid document on the bidder’s letterhead
- Bidding documents will be emailed to the bidder free-of charge. Bidding documents will be sent by e-mail only Except for the submission of a written application, there are no other conditions for obtaining the bidding documents.
- Deliver your bid:
- to the address provided at para 5 above
- on or before the deadline: 3rd November 2020, 15:00 hours local time, and together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document. Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of bidders representatives who choose to attend.