Selection of Consultants – Request for Expressions of Interest 1
REPUBLIC of THE UNION of MYANMAR
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE to PREPARE and IMPLEMENT A LARGESCALE HYDROPOWER PLANTS REHABILITATION PROJECT
Expressions of Interest
The Government Of The Republic Of The Union Of Myanmar has received a financing from Agence Française de Développement ("AFD"), and intends to use part of the funds thereof for payments under the following project : Rehabilitation of Hydro Power Plants.
The Services of the consultant shall consist of an approximative 3 years mission to provide Technical Assistance to the Ministry of Energy and Electricity (MoEE), in charge of the project execution:
- preparation of the works (reviewing of workstream, planning, revision of the operational manual …),
- assistance to EPGE for the procurement of materials and equipment (terms of reference, support during procurement procedures …),
- supervision of works, and enforcement of AFD’s E&S guidelines,
- along the project: coordination of the various stakeholders, reporting, ad hoc assistance to the EPGE project team.
The planned budget is 700kEUR. The MoEE hereby invites Applicants to show their interest in delivering the Services described above.
This Request for Expressions of Interest is open to:
☒ Consulting firms ☐ Individual consultants ☐ NGOs ☐ Joint Venture between NGO(s) and consulting firm(s)
Eligibility criteria to AFD financing are specified in subclause 1.3 of the "Procurement Guidelines for AFD Financed Contracts in Foreign Countries", available online on AFD’s website: http://www.afd.fr.
The Applicant shall submit only one application, either in its own name or as a member of a Joint Venture (JV). If an Applicant (including any JV member) submits or participates in more than one application, those applications shall be all rejected. However, the same Sub consultant may participate in several applications.
If the Applicant is a JV, the expression of interest shall include:
- a copy of the JV Agreement entered into by all members, or
- a letter of intent to execute a JV Agreement, signed by all members together with a copy of the Agreement proposal, In the absence of this document, the other members will be considered as Sub consultants. Experiences and qualifications of Sub consultants are not taken into account in the evaluation of the applications.
Interested Applicants must provide information evidencing that they are qualified and experienced to perform those Services. For that purpose, documented evidence of recent and similar services shall be submitted.
Determination of the similarity of the experiences will be based on:
- The contracts size;
- The nature of the Services: technical specifications review, capacity reinforcement, works supervision, project management;
- The technical area and expertise:
o hydropower plant rehabilitation,
Selection of Consultants – Request for Expressions of Interest 2
o hydromechanical and electrical equipment,
o hydraulic gate refurbishment,
o HSES expertise;
- The location: in the south east asian region and particularly in Myanmar.
The Client will also take into account for the evaluation of the applications the following items:
- Taking into account the Covid sanitary situation, and consequent travel restrictions, it will be essential to count with local representatives and partners with strong expertise;
- Skills and availability of in-house technical back-up experts provided to the on-site experts.
- Quality assurance procedures and certifications of the Applicant
In case of JV or Consortium, the maximum numbers in Consortium shall be limited to three (3) members.
Among the submitted applications, MoEE will shortlist a maximum of six (6) Applicants, to whom the Request for Proposals to carry out the Services shall be sent.
MOEE specifically reserves the right to accept or reject applications if two or fewer applications are received and moreover, the proposals of those applicant(s) are acceptable, it will directly negotiate with the applicant(s) and continue the Bid process.
The Expressions of Interest must be submitted by e-mail to the address below no later than 19/11/2020.
Ministry of Electricity and Energy
Electric Power Generation Enterprise
Building 27, Nay Pyi Taw
Telephone: +95-067-8104292, +95-9-250345339
Interested Applicants may obtain further information and Appendix to the Request for Expression of Interest by sending the official request via e-mail at the address.