Loan Agreement No: MY-P19
IFP No: MY-P19/PQ-02
- The Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar has received a Loan from Japan International Cooperation Agency toward the cost of the Greater Yangon Water Supply Improvement Project Phase 2. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this Loan will be applied to eligible payments under the contract resulting from the bidding for which this prequalification is conducted.
- The Yangon City Development Committee intends to prequalify contractors and/or firms for “Construction of Zone 9 and Pearl Service Reservoirs, Pumping Stations, and Transmission Pipeline from Kokkowa Water Treatment Plant to Hlaing River”.
- Construction of Transmission Pipeline of Ductile Iron Pipe (DIP, DN1600mm) from Kokkowa Water Treatment Plant to Hlaing River with total length of approx. 28.2 km
- Construction of Zone 9 Service Reservoir having capacity of 52,300 m3 (11.5MG) with Pumping Station, including Mechanical and Electrical equipment of Transmission Pumps for Zone 1 (70.5 m3/min) and Distribution Pumps for Zone 9 (82.1 m3/min), Sub Power Station, Generator System and SCADA System for Pump and DMA
- Construction of Pearl Service Reservoir having capacity of 39,550 m3 (8.7MG) with Pumping Station, including Mechanical and Electrical equipment of Distribution Pump for Zone 1 High Subzone (47.4 m3/min), Sub Power Station, Generator System and SCADA System for Pump and DMA
- Construction of operation buildings including accommodation building, generator house, security house and associated facilities and landscaping in the Reservoir Sites
- It is expected that Invitation for Bids will be made in February 2021.
- Prequalification will be conducted through procedures in accordance with the applicable Guidelines for Procurement under Japanese ODA Loans, and is open to all Applicants from eligible source countries, as defined in the Loan Agreement.
- Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from and inspect the Prequalification Documents at the office of Head of Department, Engineering Department (Water and Sanitation), Yangon City Development Committee from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
- A complete set of the Prequalification Documents may be purchased by interested Applicant(s) on the submission of a written Application to the address above and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of MMK 50,000 (Fifty thousand Myanmar Kyat). Payment shall be by cash or online.
- Applications for prequalification should be submitted in sealed envelopes, delivered to the address above by 28 December 2020, and be clearly marked “Application to Prequalify for Package No. ICB-02 Construction of Zone 9 and Pearl Service Reservoirs, Pumping Stations, and Transmission Pipeline from Kokkowa Water Treatment Plant to Hlaing River under the Greater Yangon Water Supply Improvement Project Phase 2.”
U Myint Zaw Than,
Head of Department
Engineering Department (Water and Sanitation)
Yangon City Development Committee
No. 390, 12-Storey New Building, Merchant Road, Botahtaung Township, Yangon, Myanmar