Date: 11 November 2020
Loan Agreement No: MY-P19
IFP No: MY-P19/PQ-03
- The Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar has received a Loan from Japan International Cooperation Agency toward the cost of the Greater Yangon Water Supply Improvement Project Phase 2. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this Loan will be applied to eligible payments under the contract resulting from the bidding for which this prequalification is conducted.
- The Yangon City Development Committee intends to prequalify contractors and/or firms for “Construction of Transmission Pipeline from Hlaing River to Kokkine and Pearl Service Reservoirs including Hlaing River Crossing”.
- Construction of Transmission Pipeline of Ductile Iron Pipe (DIP, DN1600mm) from Hlaing River to Kokkine and Pearl Service Reservoirs with total length of approx. 10.7 km, including pipe jacking for railway crossing (DN1600mm x L=20.0m)
- Hlaing River crossing by Micro-tunneling method with length of approx. 0.545km
- It is expected that Invitation for Bids will be made in February 2021.
- Prequalification will be conducted through procedures in accordance with the applicable Guidelines for Procurement under Japanese ODA Loans, and is open to all Applicants from eligible source countries, as defined in the Loan Agreement.
- Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from and inspect the Prequalification Documents at the office of Head of Department, Engineering Department (Water and Sanitation), Yangon City Development Committee from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
- A complete set of the Prequalification Documents may be purchased by interested Applicant(s) on the submission of a written Application to the address above and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of MMK50,000 (Fifty thousand Myanmar Kyat). Payment shall be by cash or online.
- Applications for prequalification should be submitted in sealed envelopes, delivered to the address above by 28 December 2020, and be clearly marked “Application to Prequalify for Package No. ICB-03 Construction of Transmission Pipeline from Hlaing River to Kokkine and Pearl Service Reservoirs including Hlaing River Crossing under the Greater Yangon Water Supply Improvement Project Phase 2.”
U Myint Zaw Than,
Head of Department
Engineering Department (Water and Sanitation)
Yangon City Development Committee
No. 390, 12-Storey New Building, Merchant Road, Botahtaung Township, Yangon, Myanmar