REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Western States Agribusiness Project (WSAP)
Assignment Title: Impact Level baseline survey
The Republic of the Union of Myanmar has received a funding in loan & grant from International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) in total amount of USD 20.3 million to implement the Western States Agribusiness Project (WSAP). The project’s goal is to improve the social and economic status of rural house holds in a climate resilient manner in northern Magway region and southern Chin state. Its objective is to increase household incomes, food security and nutrition quality. In order to achieve its objectives, the project will: (i) finance strategic investments in productive and social infrastructure; and (ii) invest in agriculture modernization and enabling services to optimize resource management, productivity and benefits in areas of infrastructure investment. The Project (WSAP) is being implementing Agency (IA) of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation (MOALI), The Executing Agency (EA).
The Government intends to apply part of the financing to hire a consulting firm to perform an Impact Level Baseline Survey Study. The main objective of the study is to develop the sample design, conduct the data collection and analysis and report writing of the baseline survey to be used for the project evaluation process. Survey. The information to be collected includes information related to project activities in order to derive data on the outcomes stated in the logical framework.
The Survey will measure the baseline values of project outcomes indicators and individual/household characteristics at project start. The baseline survey will be conducted on a sample of beneficiaries, Baseline data provide information on beneficiaries and comparison groups before the programme is implemented and are important for measuring pre-intervention outcomes and establish benchmark information for selected indicators. The analysis of baseline data will also be used to assess targeting effectiveness, that is, whether or not WSAP is going to reach its intended beneficiaries.
The Department of Rural Development (IA) now invites eligible consulting firms of NGOs to indicate their interest in providing this service, Interested firms should provide information demonstrating that they nave the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services (see below Eligibility and Qualification Criteria). The firms may associate worth other firms in the form of a join venture or any association type to enhance their qualifications.
- The firm by itself or associate firm should be legally registered at the Myanmar Directorate of Investment and Company Administration (DICA) of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, A copy of the certification for valid registration shall be provided.
- Attested copies of the tax registration and attested copies of tax payments or clearance documents. In the event of the organization is tax exempted, then attested documentation to this effect should be submitted.
- The firm should not have any tracking record of debarring from the Government, Ministries, and Departments, any other organizations.
Short lost Qualification Criteria
- Previous experience in carrying out evaluation surveys is a compulsory requirement, including demonstrated experience in designing and conducting evaluations and of organizing surveys on the scale of this project (including survey and sampling design)-30%
- Strong capacity and experience in planning and organizing survey logistics-20%
- Strong capacity in survey analysis and reporting of results-20%
- Experience doing household survey work and carrying out evaluations in Myanmar-20%
- Experience in using tablets or smartphones in conducting surveys-10%
Following a review of Expression of interest, the IA will invites short listed firms who meet eligibility requirements and have received a minimum score of 70 and above to submit full proposals. The firm will eventually be selected in accordance with the QCBS method with a fixed maximum budget allowed, set out in the IFAD Procurement Handbook and Guidelines.
Further information and a summary of the Project Design Report may be obtained from the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org below during office hours from 9:00 t0 16:00 , Monday through Friday, except public holidays.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted in a written but preferably electronic from to the address below by 16:00 PM (Local Time), FRIDAY , 29 January , 2021.
U Myo Naing Aung
Deputy Director General
Department of Rural Development, MOALI
Office No.36, Naypyitaw, Myanmar
Email address: email@example.com