The Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Yangon City Development Committee
Invitation for Prequalification Greater Yangon Water Supply Improvement Project
Date: 17 March 2020
Loan Agreement No:MY-P19
IFP No: MY-P19/PQ-01
- The Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar has received a Loan from Japan International Cooperation Agency toward the cost of the Greater Yangon Water Supply Improvement Project Phase 2. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this Loan will be applied to eligible payments under the contract resulting from the bidding for which this prequalification is conducted.
2.The Yangon City Development Committee intends to prequalify contractors and/or firms for Construction of Kokkowa Water Treatment Plant (60MGD).
- Construction of intake facility capable of 634,000 m3/day (140 MGD) river water intake including intake gate screen, sand sedimentation pond, raw water pipe and associated facilities.
- Construction of water treatment facility of production capacity of 272,800 m3/day (60MGD) including pre sedimentation pond,lift pumping station, dividing well, receiving well, flocculation basin, sedimentation basin, rapid sand filter, chemical facility, sludge drying bed, clear water reservoir, transmission pumping station, yard piping, associated facilities and landscaping. A part of water treatment facility may be designed by the Contractor.
- Construction of operation buildings including administration building, accommodation buildings, chemical house, generator house, warehouse, security house and associated facilities.
- Training and O&M
- It is expected that Invitation for Bids will be made in June 2020.
- Prequalification will be conducted through procedures in accord- ance with the applicable Guidelines for Procurement under Japanese ODA Loans, and is open to all Applicants from eligible source countries, as defined in the Loan Agreement.
- Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from and inspect the Prequalification Documents at the office of Head of Department, Engineering Department (Water and Sanitation), Yangon City Development Committee from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
- A complete set of the Prequalification Documents may be purchased by interested Applicant(s) on the submission of a written Application to the address above and upon payment of a nonrefundable feeof MMK20,000 (Twenty thousand Myanmar Kyat). Payment shall be only by cash.
- Applications for prequalification should be submitted in sealed envelopes, delivered to the address above by 4 May 2020, and be clearly marked “Application to Prequalify for Package No. ICB-01 Construction of Kokkowa Water Treatment Plant (60MGD) under the Greater Yangon Water Supply Improvement Project Phase 2.”
U Myint Zaw Than,
Head of Department, Engineering Department (Water and Sanitation),
Yangon City Development Committee
No. 390, 12-Storey New Building, Merchant Road, Botahtaung Township, Yangon, Myanmar