Notice of Request for Proposal
Works and Operation Serice
(Extraction of Sand in Thanlwin River)
Employer : Directorate of Water Resources and Improvement of River Systems (DWIR)
Project : Sand Extraction Project in thanlwin River
Contract title : DWIR –CW01: Extraction of Sand in Thanlwin River
Country : The Republic of the Union of Myanmar
Issued on : 19 March, 2020
- The Directorate of Water Resources and Improvement of River Systems (DWIR) of the Ministry of Transport and Communications, acting on behalf of the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar intends to select an eligible and qualified Proposer for award of a three (3) years and extraction license beginning May 2020 to extract sand in the Thanlwin River between Hpa-An and Mawlamyine stretch. The objective of this assignment is to improve the river channel by dredging or extracting sand in the river to mitigate annual flooding.
- The DWIR now invites sealed Proposals from interested sligible Proposers for the extraction of sand in Thanlwin River at three (3) places in upstream of Hpa-An and one (1) place downstream of Hpa-An. Further details about location and sounding chart including alignment and estimated cubic meter for the sand extraction in river channel can be obtained from the address below. Interested Proposers are required to have following specific experience and capabilities:
- Financial capabilities : The proposer must demonstrate access to, or availability of, financial resources such as liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means, to meet dredging cast flow requirements estimate as USD 1 Million, net of the Proposer’s other commitments.
- San extraction experience: Between 1st January 2015 and proposal submission deadline (i.e 5 years) as a prime san extraction contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or sub-contractor, completion of a minium number of One (1) similar contract or aggregation of contracts or sale of extracted sand in any year of minimum value USD 3 Million.
- Plan and Machinery
- The Proposer must demonstrate ownership or access to the following list of equipment:
- CSD Backhoe Dredger
- Trailing Suction Hopper Dredger (Shallow Draught)
- Grab dredger
- Water Injection Dredger
Further details are given in the Request for Proposal Documents.
It is expected that the Request for Proposals documents will be available on 25 March 2020 and the most qualified Proposer will be selected beginning May 2020.
- The procurement will be conducted through national competitive procurement using this Request for Proposals (RFP) and Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar Procurement regulations.
- Interested eligible Proposers may obtain further information from the address below and inspect the RFP Document during office hours 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM at the address given below.
- The RFP Document in English shall be obtained from the office of DWR by interested eligible Proposers upon the submission of a written application to the address below.
- A single-stage, two envelope RFP process will be used, and the Proposal will consist of (i) the Technical Part, without any reference to prices: and (ii) the Financial Part, as detailed in the RFP Document. The Technical and Financial Parts of the proposals shal b submitted simultaneously in two separate sealed envelopes.
- The Proposal, both the Technical Part and the Financial Part, must be delivered to the address below on or before 2:00 pm local time on 10th April 2020. Electronic Procurement will not be permitted. Late Proposals will be rejected. The Technical Part of the Proposals will be publicly opened in the presence of the Proposers’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below 2;00 pm local time on 10th April 2020. The Financial Part, following the evaluation of the Technical part of the Proposals.
- All Proposals must be accompanied by a Proposal-Securing Declaration,
The address (es) referred to above is (are): Agency: DWIR
Name: Mr. Maung Maung Naing, Director, Waterways Conservation Department,
Address: No.400, Lower Pazundaung Road, Pazundaung, Yangon
Telephone: +95-(0) 1-292961, Faz: +95-(0) 1-290230, Postal code 11171, Website: www.dwir.gov.mm