Loan/Grant No. and Title: MYA 3472 – Equipping Youth for Employment Contract No. and Title: MYA3472/EYE/ICB/CW/Schools/02
Deadline for Submission of Bids: 03 September 2020
- The Government of Myanmar has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of Equipping Youth for Employment Project (EYE) Project. Part of this financing will be used for payments under the Contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
- The Ministry of Education (represented by the Department of Education Research, Planning & Training) (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the construction and completion of additional classrooms blocks and students’ dormitories (male – female segregated) at (“the Works”) as outlined below:
Construction of 3 units of Classroom Blocks and 3 units of Dormitories at existing school locations (at Townships – Paduang in Bago (West), Ngapudaw and Kangyidaunt in Ayeyarwaddy)
- International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single Stage One Envelope procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document.
- Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding.
Key Experience Requirement
Participation in at least (2) two contracts (in case of a Joint Venture, either one JV partner must meet requirement or any two JV partners must each demonstrate at least one (1) contract) that have been successfully or substantially completed within the last 5 years and that are similar to the proposed works, where the value of the Bidder’s participation exceeds MMK 981 Million.
The similarity of the Bidder’s participation shall be based on the physical size, nature of works, complexity, methods, technology or other characteristics as described in Section 6 (Employer’s Requirements) in the Bidding Document. These are Building Construction Works.
Key Financial Requirement
Minimum average annual construction turnover of MMK 1,963,799,000 calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last 3 years.
The Bidder must demonstrate that it has the financial resources to meet the requirements for the Subject Contract in the minimum amounts of MMK 655 Million.
- To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents, bidders should contact:
EYE Project Management Unit (PMU)
Department of Education Research, Planning & Training,
Ministry of Education, Bldg No 13, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
Telephone: +95 67 3407273
E-mail address: projectmanager.EYEPMU@gmail.com
With copy to: procurement.EYEPMU@gmail.com
To purchase the Bidding Documents in English, eligible bidders should
- write to the address above requesting the Bidding Documents for MYA3472/ EYE/ICB/CW/Schools/02 for which bidding document is requested.
- pay a nonrefundable Bidding Document Fee of MMK 15,000 (Equivalent in 11 USD) either by cash payment or through bank transfer to:
Bank A/C No: MD-012898
Bank Name: Myanmar Economic Bank
Bank Address: Thiri Kyaw Swa Street, Near Bank Zone, Zabu Thiri Township, NayPyiTaw
Account Name: Department of Education Research, Planning & Training, Ministry of Education
- Deliver your bid to the address above
- on or before the deadline: 03 September 2020 (13.00 Hours MST)
- together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend. Late Bids will be
rejected. Electronic Bid submission is not permitted.
- When comparing Bids, ADB’s Domestic Preference Scheme will be applied in accordance with the provisions stipulated in the Bidding Document.