- The Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) Myanmar Office invites prospective bidders for the Construction Work of “Establishment of the Agricultural Marketing Center and Agricultural Product Processing Center” (hereinafter referred to as “AMC/APC”). The Project is to be constructed with the grant aid of the Government of the Republic of Korea.
Brief of Bidding
Bid Title - Establishment of the Agricultural Marketing Center and Agricultural Product Processing Center in Nay Pyi Taw and Kalaw.
Contract Duration - 18 months from the effective (contract) date
Estimate Budget - Aprox. USD 3,685,199 (Taxes excluded)
Summary of Construction Services
-Type : New Construction
-Gross Floor Area: approx. 4,700 m2 (AMC)/ 2,750 m2 (APC)
-Loading work, Work Place, Material Storage, Cold Storage, Office, Toilets, Lockers
-Construction Duration : The end of contract period from the commencement of construction.
-Location : Nay Pyi Taw (AMC) and Kalaw (APC), Myanmar
Employer : Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) Myanmar Office
Bid Type : International Open Competitive bidding with Prequalification (PQ)
Prequalification (PQ) for Bid Eligibility
*Interested applicants should obtain the prequalification documents by sending E-mail till 20 August, 2020, 17:00.
Selection of the Successful Bidders;
*Selection by Lowest Bidding Price with Eligibility Evaluation.
*Only the prequalified bidders are subject to bid.
*Eligibility Evaluation consist of Bid Price Evaluation of Seventy (70) Points and Performance Ability Evaluation of Thirty (30) Points. Total of One hundred (100) Points.
*Details of Selection of the Successful bidder should be referenced at the Request for Proposals (RFP): RFP will be provided to the prequalified bidders at the date of Pre-Bid Meeting.
Instruction and Schedule:
*Distribution of Prequalification Instructions and Application Forms: Contact KOICA Myanmar Office
*Submission of Prequalification Documents : 27th august, 2020 by 16:00 at KOICA Myanmar Office and by Email
* Notification of Invitation to Bid: 02 September, 2020 by Email.
** Note : Prequalified Bidders Only, Not mandatory
- Pre – Bid Meeting : 04 September, 2020, 14:00 at KOICA Myanmar Office
(The venue and time of the Pre-Bid Meeting are subject to change in accordance with the quarantine guideline of Myanmar government authority for Covid-19 Prevention)
- Site visit will not be conducted by KOICA Myanmar Office.
- Note: Prequalified bidders may attend the Pre-Bid Meeting.
- Submission of Letter of Bid Intent: -02 October, 2020, by 16:00 at KOICA Myanmar Office
- Place for Bid Submission : KOICA Myanmar Office
- Bid Closing (Submission) : 05 October, 2020, 16:00 at KOICA Myanmar Office
- Bid opening : 06 October 2002, 11:00 at KOICA Myanmar Office
Currency of Financial Proposal (Bid Price) : United State Dollar (USD)
Currency of contract : United States Dollar (USD)
Consortium or Joint Venture is allowed for this Bid.
- Price proposal shall be equal or less than the “Estimated Price” and equal or more than the “minimum price”. Any bid exceeding the above limitation may result in rejection of its bid.
-Estimated Price will be announced at the Bid Opening by a random draw and “minimum price” will be determined based on the announced “Estimated Price”/
-Details of Selection of the Successful Bidder, Eligibility Evaluation, Determination of Estimated Price and Minimum Price will be explained during the Pre-Bid Meeting.
- The announced Estimated Budget for this project is exclusive of Taxes shall be levied by Tax Law and Regulation of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.
As this bid is a part of ODA (Official Development Assistance) project between the Government of the Republic of Korea and the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, this project may be benefit on exemption or refund of Taxes according to the Framework Agreement for Grant Aid between the Governments and Record of Discussion (ROD) between KOICA and Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation (MOALI). Thus, KOICA Myanmar Office does not have authority and is not responsible for any Taxes exemption or refund. All inquires regarding taxes exemption or refund for the bid price and contract price shall be referred to Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation (MOALI) and Ministry of Planning, Finance and Industry (MOPFI) of Myanmar in case needed. All cases needed for the exemption and refund of Taxes during bidding and contract period, the contractor shall be responsible for all administration and documentations with the relevant government offices.
- The Request for Proposal (RFP) includes following documents but not limited to:
*Note: RFP including below documents will be provided to Prequalified Bidders at the date of Pre-Bidding Meeting.
- Instructions to Bidders
- Conditions of Contract including Contract Form
- Bidding Forms
- Attachment (Technical Specifications, Design Drawings, Unpriced Bills of Quantity (BOQ))
- Language of Proposal: All documents shall be in English. If the other languages documents delivered by the government administration, bank, educational, professional organizations and others for the proof of Prequalification Criteria and Bid Evaluation Criteria, the NOTARIZED English documents shall be attached.
- The KOICA Myanmar Office requires that Bidders and Contractors observe the highest standard of ethics during the procurement and execution of such contracts. In pursuance of this policy, KOICA;
- Will reject a proposal for award if it determines that the Bidder recommended for award has engaged in corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for the contract in question.
- Will recognized such as Contractors as ineligible, for a period of determined by KOICA
- The KOICA Myanmar Office will invite sealed bids from Prequalified Bidders.
- All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of amount equivalent to three percent (3%) of the “Bid Price” with its guarantee period from no later than Bid Closing Date (Before 5 October, 2020) to not earlier than Thirty Days (30) Days after the bid opening date (after 5 Nov , 2020).
*Note : For more information regarding the submission and restoration of Bid Security will be included in RFP and its supplementary documents.
- KOICA Myanmar Office shall not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of bids.
- All bidders are expected to examine all instructions, forms, terms and specifications of the bidding documents. Failure to furnish all information required by the bidding documents or submission of a bid not substantially responsive to the bidding documents in every respect shall be at the Bidder’s risk and may result in the rejection of the bid.
- Contact Information
KOICA Myanmar Office
Address: No.514 (A), 4 Ward, Waizayandar Road, South Okkalapa Township, Yangon, Myanmar.
Tel - +95-1-3500801, +95-1-3500803, Fax : +95-1-3500802
Email : email@example.com
Attention : Mr. Jihoon Kim, Senior Deputy Representative; KOICA Myanmar Office
-----------------------New Light of Myanmar-----------------------------